d7 is a PC technician’s best kept secret.
WHY YOU NEED IT:
- Increase your productivity and efficiency, save time and dramatically increase revenue
- Provide your technicians with a uniform procedure to follow, ensuring optimal quality and work performance consistency
- Virus / Malware Removal
- Windows Repair and Maintenance
- Data Backup
- System Info / Reporting
- Keeping all of your tools updated!
- offline and live malware removal assistance via many internal and 3rd party tools
- automatic download/extraction of 3rd party tools on demand when missing
- offline and live registry editing with mass search & delete features
- offline and live data backup/restore and direct data migration
- CPU/RAM stress testing
- information gathering and quality assurance uses
- Operating System Branding
- shortcuts to frequently used Windows components
- quick access to frequently used Windows tweaks
- numerous right-click context menu (in Windows Explorer) features for working with files and directories
- wrappers / one-click execution options for frequently used command line tools
- synchronization of MalwareScan definition files
- automatic updates of all your favorite 3rd party tools via Ketarin
- offline application of password removal tricks enabling you to gain access to password protected live systems
d7 is not the malware scanner or remover, YOU are. YOU control it’s behavior by whitelist/blacklist functionality, and by your own pair of hopefully good eyeballs. d7′s MalwareScan functionality is designed to show you what d7 doesn’t recognize, by whitelisting known good items, and automatically deleting known bad items. d7′s MalwareScan merely shows you what is left after the whitelisting/blacklisting is applied. From there, you have the option to whitelist, blacklist, delete, rename, ignore, google, or whatever you want with the results.
Included with d7 are some sample whitelists (yet no blacklists.) It’s up to you to decide if you should use them and add to them, or delete them and create your own.
THIS TOOL IS INTENDED FOR EXPERIENCED PC TECHNICIANS ONLY, NOT FOR “END USERS.” This tool can be very dangerous and destructive if you don’t know how to use it properly, or are inexperienced in malware removal techniques.
I have provided an online manual, which I do encourage EVERYONE to read, however most functions inside d7 are self-explanatory or include enough information in the tool tips (over your mouse over the name of the function) for any experienced computer technician to recognize what it is and what it does. If you are really confused, then just ASK ME and I’ll try to explain it!
Feedback is appreciated! Please always include your name and email address so I can get back with you. I am always interested in hearing your ideas for new features as well as existing issues with the software. If you are reporting an issue, please first check the known bugs in the about / release notes screen of d7, and if not listed, include steps that I can take to recreate the problem you are experiencing. Also be sure to give me the details of the operating system and circumstances under which you were operating this software (e.g. malware removal scenario, performing maintenance, etc.)
PORTABLE USE: d7 is a fully portable application, however there are some considerations for those who define “portable” very strictly, and you may wish to visit the SETUP section in the ONLINE MANUAL to the left, to read the PORTABLE USAGE NOTES.
It's a really great set of tools, I'm with the set since at least D7 v4. I have to convince my sis to buy it - she runs a little IT business and I sometimes help her in my free time.
The small cherries like "Windows Installer working in Safe Mode" tweak or PIO -> UDMA fix really saved (and still saves sometimes) many computer-asses :)
One little thing - links for D7 Free on this page aren't pointing to D7 v10.4.8 Free, but the older version.
Thanks, Nick, for your hard work!
All the best,
Response: Awesome, thanks Martin!
Note the free version is still at v10.0.18 that update alert within d7 was a mistake which I will rectify ASAP.
Needs improvement, doesn't fix issues, appeals only to seasoned pro's for time savings on multiple machines. Very pricy. Advise a single and up to 5 machine licenses, undo ability and lower prices to appeal to the masses of power users and home techs. And I want a bottle opener USB thumb drive too. ;)
Response: I\'m still glad that despite your words you gave it 4/5 stars. First, d7 is not intended for the masses of power users and home techs, at all, only for the seasoned pro\'s and yes primary appeal is allowing techs to work on multiple machines at once.. I do admit d7 will always need improvement, however I don\'t get what you mean about it doesn\'t fix issues and needs undo ability -- can you be more specific? Free or premium user, I\'ve always listened to the feedback I receive from any d7 user, and strive to use that to improve the product.
Best money spent in my business. Allowing me to focus on the main issue rather then the silly scans.
Keep up the work!
Best investment ever!
I can't thank Nick and the Technibble community enough for bringing d7 into my life and business. It has paid for itself many times over by making me ever so more productive and efficient in repairing and maintaining my customers' PCs. Don't procrastinate - you won't regret purchasing it. Like me, you'll soon wonder how you ever worked without it!
All the best,
Great product but just for an experts