KillEmAll v5 (built on d7x technology)
Currently in open BETA testing, download and known issues listed below.
KillEmAll is a ‘panic’ button with an ‘ask questions later’ attitude, designed to neutralize, terminate, and later identify all non-essential running programs.
Great for quickly closing unwanted apps, system inspection, (and with new editions on the way) even malware removal!
Specifically KillEmAll terminates every (currently running) program on your computer except essential Windows processes. This new version of KillEmAll was chosen to be the first developed code towards the upcoming d7x: PC Technician Productivity Suite.
- The best usage case for KillEmAll to most users, is to close all open web browser windows if you get a suspected malicious popup while visiting a website.
- The the reason you don’t simply close or “X out” the popup is because malicious code can be run even if you click the X button — it is after all just another button, you might as well be clicking “OK“ or “Yes, please do what you want with my PC…“ but if you don’t click anything and KillEmAll does the work, forcing the application’s process to close without any additional code execution.
- Other more mundane tasks include the advantage of quickly closing all applications before performing maintenance on your PC, general troubleshooting, or playing resource intensive games.
- Obviously, any data used by the applications being closed, if not previously saved, will be lost!
New Features Planned:
- Prevent selected programs from running
- Uninstall programs
- Schedule automated tasks
- Disable automatic updating on every startup
- Restore previous window positions on startup
- Some other exciting stuff we don’t want to build up too much 😉
New Editions Planned:
- KillEmAll Tech Edition and d7x, built for the PC repair industry, these editions will contain features specific for IT departments and businesses such as MSPs and PC repair shops.
- What are FastTrack builds?
- Wildcard Usage in d7x and KillEmAll v5
- Rule Variables Used in d7x and KillEmAll v5
Current BETA: v5.0.12 (Released Oct 8th, 2016)
v5.0.12 – Fixed issue where app may not start with an “invalid side-by-side configuration” error on Windows XP.
There are still a few quirks we’re trying to work out, but we feel it’s complete enough to ask for the community’s input and testing on! Please review the known issues which Nick is currently aware of, and feel free to contact us and let us know if there are any other items you come across not listed here!
If you have any issues or ideas please use our contact form here. Thanks for taking the time to test this release and help us work out any issues prior to the full v5.0 release!
Current Known Issues:
- Some programs may fail to terminate under certain circumstances, or may restart instantly, particularly Anti-Virus and some other Malware prevention programs.
- Some programs will be terminated, however the ‘result’ and/or terminated/failed counters may be inaccurate.
- The ‘Restart Program’ option in the right-click menu for a process may fail to restart the process after killing it under certain circumstances.
- Items may not size/position themselves as expected when manipulating the program’s resizable windows.
- (Windows XP/2003 Only) When terminating a process, 1 MiB or more may be leaked from each of the target’s threads that are terminated. The NT kernel in 5.2 and below does not free the thread’s initial stack, causing the resource leak. We are considering a fix for a future version, despite the age of these operating systems which does make it less of a priority.
For d7II users you will need to add this as a custom app and not use the internal d7II KillEmAll functionality if you would like to add this to your current workflow (please remember it’s BETA)
Download Public Beta Release Here:
Downloaded 14792 times
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Both Foolish IT customers and non-customers alike are welcome to discuss anything Foolish!
We’re having a 30% off SALE on ALL PRODUCTS!! [EXPIRED] flash sale! Get 30% off ALL Foolish IT products by using the coupon...