Does NOT apply to d7x. Please see Failure/Crash Recovery in the d7x Manual.
Cannot launch d7II after registration.(resolved)
- Cannot connect to the dCloud Portal from within d7II.
- Config list does not populate / is blank when creating or executing.
- d7II starts up prompting for registration after executing.
- When executing, you receive a message stating that it failed to download/extract the configuration two times.
- Ensure that telnet.exe is installed on your Windows platform. It is installed by default on Windows XP Professional, but likely it is not on any other platform/subsequent Windows version. To install, use the Add/Remove Windows Components from the Control Panel.
- Open an admin command prompt / console window. (cmd.exe)
- type either: telnet dcloud.d7ii.com 21 or telnet cloud.d7ii.com 32767
- Press Enter and examine the result. You may close the console window after examining the result.
- Success: If you have achieved connectivity to the server, you should see a welcome message starting with “220-FileZilla Server” and some other information. Success means connectivity to the server is not an issue. There may be an issue with security software on individual PCs blocking connections from d7II.exe or d7II_SFX_Mini.exe, or there could also be an issue your account/billing.
- Failure: Otherwise, you will receive an error message including or ending with the words “Connect Failed” or another similar message, possibly one that your IP is blocked. Failure means you probably have security software or firewalls blocking access to cloud.d7ii.com on port 21 or 32767. Some Sonicwall appliances do block port 21 by default.
d7II subscribers may now be listed in a public Tech Directory which is visible, searchable, and promoted to all CryptoPrevent users via our website. New releases of the CryptoPrevent Free Edition will also carry the Tech Directory promotion, going out to millions!
d7II Subscribers, please visit us at the link above for all your d7II support needs! Our new Pro Support department integrates our ticket queue with user management capabilities, live chat, KB articles, and community support forums!