Current Version: 1.0.2 (removed nag screens as app is now entirely free.)
Here is a nice little utility I wrote to backup and restore network profiles. Features include:
- Easy Backup/Restore of Wireless Network Connection Profiles (Vista/7/8 only)
- Easy Backup/Restore of IP and DNS settings (if either are STATIC and not assigned by DHCP)
- Program can be configured to automatically backup/restore settings with one click, by merely launching the app.
- If a backup for the current system is available it will be restored.
- When no existing backup is available, your profile backups will be generated.
- Fully portable app contained in a single EXE file, no install required!
The utility is convenient for end users, computer repair techs, and network admins to restore wireless connection settings and static IP/DNS configuration settings after format/reloading a PC, replacing a PC with a newer one, or even deploying wireless connection profiles and/or static DNS settings to multiple PCs.
- Wireless Connection Profile backup is dependent upon technologies that exist only in Windows 7/8, sorry no Windows XP support! Vista may export/import profiles successfully but may not actually import the wireless password – this is untested.
- Cannot be run from a UNC path.
- PERSONAL and COMMERCIAL use of this application is FREE
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Both Foolish IT customers and non-customers alike are welcome to discuss anything Foolish!
d7x v126.96.36.199 Release Notes (Updated to include all v18.x.x.x) [Release Build] v188.8.131.52 Download via the d7x Manual (or update...