d7 is a PC technician’s best kept secret.
d7 status update:
Active d7 development has been discontinued, but…
(our 2015 Christmas gift to you!) … or
(Downloads and other resources are located at the bottom of this page!)
Why You Need It:
- Increase productivity and efficiency, save time and dramatically increase revenue
- Provide technicians with a uniform procedure to follow, ensuring optimal quality and work performance consistency
Providing automation for:
- Virus / Malware Removal
- Windows Repair and Maintenance
- Data Backup
- System Info / Reporting
- Keeping all of your tools updated!
With additional capabilities:
- offline and live malware removal assistance via many internal and 3rd party tools
- automatic download/extraction of 3rd party tools on demand when missing
- offline and live registry editing with mass search & delete features
- offline and live data backup/restore and direct data migration
- CPU/RAM stress testing
- information gathering and quality assurance uses
- Operating System Branding
- shortcuts to frequently used Windows components
- quick access to frequently used Windows tweaks
- numerous right-click context menu (in Windows Explorer) features for working with files and directories
- wrappers / one-click execution options for frequently used command line tools
- synchronization of MalwareScan definition files
- automatic updates of all your favorite 3rd party tools via Ketarin
- offline application of password removal tricks enabling you to gain access to password protected live systems
d7 Premium Features:
- MORE AUTOMATION!!! d7 Auto Mode is available on each page, plus a Full Auto Mode running through all of the various pages can be utilized.
- Ability to use restricted features such as many grayed out options throughout d7, including entire sections like Offline Ops, Customize/Install, DataRestore and DataMigrate.
- Clean reports without ‘sample report’ stamped throughout them.
- Ability to perform certain time saving operations just by starting or closing d7.
- More configuration options.
- No nag screens on certain functions.
- Ability to use d7’s scheduling features for internal update functionality and more.
- Add your own company name to d7’s title bar.
- Add your own custom application name to d7’s title bar, replacing the d7 name and version information.
- Ability to disable my custom messages appearing in d7’s lower status bar (such as donation solicitations, new app adverts, etc.) while d7 is idle. Instead the custom messages you will only see “Idle…”
- NOTE: this does NOT disable new d7 version alerts when your version of d7 is not current.
- Some minor things here and there, like the ability to save screen shots to JPEG instead of BMP, significantly reducing file size and transfer times when emailing reports or in FTP uploads.
- Replace “Foolish IT” and the “d7” name with your own company name and brand.
- Replace d7’s main logo within the main GUI and on splash screens with your own logo.
d7 is not the malware scanner or remover, YOU are. YOU control it’s behavior by whitelist/blacklist functionality, and by your own pair of hopefully good eyeballs. d7’s MalwareScan functionality is designed to show you what d7 doesn’t recognize, by whitelisting known good items, and automatically deleting known bad items. d7’s MalwareScan merely shows you what is left after the whitelisting/blacklisting is applied. From there, you have the option to whitelist, blacklist, delete, rename, ignore, google, or whatever you want with the results.
Included with d7 are some sample whitelists (no blacklists.) It’s up to you to decide if you should use them and add to them, or delete them and create your own.
PORTABLE USE: d7 is a fully portable application, however there are some considerations for those who define “portable” very strictly, and you may wish to visit the SETUP section in the online manual, to read the PORTABLE USAGE NOTES.
d7 is NOT an “End User” solution
THIS TOOL IS INTENDED FOR EXPERIENCED PC TECHNICIAN USAGE ONLY. It is NOT for anyone without a good working knowledge of the Windows OS and how it functions (not just how to use it…) This tool can be destructive when the user is inexperienced in advanced or manual malware removal techniques when using related functionality.
Adding confusion to the issue, d7 doesn’t have many functions explained or phrased very well, which is difficult when space for a description is an issue. Even techs working together in the same repair shop don’t always call the same ‘routine’ by the same name, so techs from different shops, cities, and countries have quite different terms for certain things and misinterpreting something could be an issue. If you are unsure of anything please consult our manual, or just ask! Although we do NOT provide support for d7 Premium free licenses, we will discuss it anytime on our live show at www.foolishtechshow.com so hop in the IRC if you have any questions.
Want the to unlock all of the features and get the latest versions?
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Both Foolish IT customers and non-customers alike are welcome to discuss anything Foolish!
d7II and dSupportSuite Updates! (d7IIx Alpha and dSupportSuite Mgmt Console) For d7II subscribers / IT Providers: Today we’ve released a...