Free Software for casual PC users
Most of these tools are intended for users who are somewhat experienced with Windows programs and usage, as they may include little or no documentation, and do not include any support.
Advanced users and PC Technicians may be interested in our Free Tech Tools page!
If there are any issues expanding the FAQ questions click here for the single page version.
- Software advertised as “free” on this website is intended as free for personal as well as commercial usage, unless otherwise specified on the product page itself (where it would typically involve some extended functionality labeled as a ‘premium’ feature, or possibly where commercial functionality or support is desired.)
- All free software on this website is distributed “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind; this includes product support as well as any compensation monetary or otherwise for any damages resulting from the use or misuse of this software.
In addition to our free malware prevention software CryptoPrevent, we have several other free utilities that you may be interested in:
v22.214.171.124 open ‘BETA’ released Oct 8th, 2016
- KillEmAll terminates every (currently running) program on your computer except essential Windows processes, and allows for inspection of running and/or terminated processes.
- Redesigned and rewritten project from the ground up, based on the concept of the original KillEmAll software.
- The first component based on entirely new code for the upcoming d7x software (the next generation of our flagship d7II PC Technician Productivity Software.)
- Future versions will build on functionality for end users/consumers and IT Pros/MSPs/PC Repair businesses alike with free, premium, and technician versions that include partial d7x functionality.
v126.96.36.199, updated Dec 14, 2016
A utility to quickly display the MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512 and SHA3 hashes of any selected file, and optionally compare the hashes with any hash string. Drag and Drop support!
v4.1, updated Dec 31st, 2015
A no-hassle utility to restart Windows in the Safe Mode of your choice. Windows ‘Safe Modes’ are designed to start Windows with minimal functionality and no additional running software. This can be very useful in troubleshooting, repair, and malware removal scenarios (but is NOT designed or recommended for general usage!)
Utilities to prevent three things: Screen Saver, Sleep Modes, System Shutdown/Restart.
- v1 is a portable application requiring no installation
- v2 requires a quick and painless installation, but extends functionality to perform custom configurable actions when a shutdown/restart is initiated and prevented
Here you will find a few small “quick n’ dirty” projects that don’t really deserve their own web page, currently including UninstallAV, QuickSystemRestore, AutoCleanMgr, and LaunchDeviceManager. The last two projects detail the internal workings of the functionality.
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Both Foolish IT customers and non-customers alike are welcome to discuss anything Foolish!
d7II and dSupportSuite Updates! (d7IIx Alpha and dSupportSuite Mgmt Console) For d7II subscribers / IT Providers: Today we’ve released a...